Friday, February 13, 2015

AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily.

Fifty policemen with the Lagos state police command are
currently in detention for dressing shabbily to work.
The Assistant Inspector General of police,Zone 2 Joseph
Mbu,disclosed this to journalists in Abeokuta shortly after
meeting with officers of the Ogun state police command.
The police boss said about 70% of officers lack discipline and
added that the offence of the erring officers range from wearing
dirty uniforms, bathroom slippers, carrying rifles while wearing
mufty,amongst others.
He said such conducts are against the code of conduct of the
Nigerian police.
Mr.Mbu however expressed hope that the detained officers
would change for good within one month.
"What I have noticed is that there is much indiscipline among
policemen.They dress anyhow.Come to lagos,they are more than
50 in my cell",he stated.
"They dress the way they like,they wear bathroom slippers,they
wear mufty and carry rifles.This is not part of police work.They
are in the cell already,they are being punished and I know my
men,within one month,they would change",Mr.Mbu said.
Mr.Mbu said the media made him popular.
"I wasn't popular in Rivers state,you made me popular in Rivers
state. I was popular in Oyo state.I was popular in Abuja when I
was CP of FCT and when I was posted to zone 7"
" In Rivers state,you people were hearing one side of the story
because the other party was richer. You were not hearing my own
side of the story.You have not bothered to go to Oyo state to go
and ask why I was successful in the state, why I was named the
best CP by house of assembly",he said.
Mr.Mbu has been in the news for controversial reasons, the
latest being his remarks on Thursday that he will order his
officers to kill 20 in response, if any police personnel is killed
during the 2015 elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment