Saturday, February 14, 2015

I Set A High Jump Record In Benin And It Is Unbroken Till Date -Sir Victor Uwaifo

Although he is 74 years old, legendary musician, Victor Uwaifo looks as if he is just 50 years old. Without strands of grey hair and the agility of a young man, the Joromi crooner shared the secret of his youthful looks with Saturday Beats during the album listening event of his latest work, Legend Reborn. “It takes discipline to look youthful at an old age. One must be disciplined physically, mentally and spiritually. I have a chapel in my house and that gives me spiritual uplifting. Physically, I have been a body builder for the past 60 years. I used to lift weights at Obalende (Lagos) back in the days. It helped me in my sporting activity because I set a high jump record in Benin and it is unbroken till date. I also try to develop myself mentally. It gives me an advantage over others and it makes me think deeply. I have never smoked cigarette in my life, let alone other drugs. “Even though women are known to flock around musicians, I do not have children outside my marriage. The women were persistent but I was married to my music. My main preoccupation was my business and I did not want any distractions. Also as a body builder and a sports man, we used to abstain from sex. I still use the gym till date and I lift weights. Every day, I do 60 press-ups,” he said. Uwaifo said if he was not a musician, he would have been a scientist. He said regardless of his present occupation, he has succeeded in creating some inventions. “If I were not a musician, I would have become a scientist. I wanted to become a scientist because I wanted to invent something that would marvel the world. I still tried because I invented some things like my guitar, the only type in the world. It revolves round an axis, it is my invention and nobody has the type in the world. I have invented a guitar with a keyboard on it. I also invented a double neck guitar with 18 strings. Apart from that, I also invented a car, a sports car that I drive around. I am also an architect and if you come to my empire, most of the buildings there were designed by me. I can fit into any kind of profession,” Uwaifo said. In partnership with Hypertek Digital and 960 Music, his latest work features some songs where he collaborated with singers like Waje, Tuface and ice Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment